Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday 
05-16-12
Sorry it took an extra day to get a poem ready... but I was looking for a new site and I found one that seems to be pretty good. At least it's nice break from the one I was on. Here's a new one.

















































Alien

Sometimes I feel alien. Not
quite a human being, feeling
more like a dwarfing star
devoured by its own heat.

Sparrows once sat on the
window ledge and sang their
sharp, crisp songs for my ears,
my ears alone. I vaguely hear
them anymore.

Smiles, the few that I have seen
in this life seem vacant, lost and even
on the most sincere faces just space,
empty space devoid of meaning.

Is there any meaning to this,
this endless breathing, this existence
which no one seems to appreciate
beyond their own wooden words?

It would be nice not thinking.
Be, instead, wind strolling mindlessly
through the dark green boughs
of early spring.

Or perhaps not even that.
Perhaps it would be best
to just rest, not move at all
like dirt in an open grave.  rrw o5-14-12










No comments:

Post a Comment