Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday
May 11, 2012
Aaah, the wonderful world of coincidence. After I wrote the intro to yesterday's poem I noticed that it had poetic possibilities! Aaaand here it is!

Time

Sometimes the day gets away from me running ahead
of me like my big brother who was always in such hurry,
stretching his hideously long legs out in front of his adult
size body, moving at what seemed to me a million miles an
hour. And no amount of pleading, "Come on, man, wait up!"
could stop his momentum, as he picked up even more speed
and disappeared around the corner before I could catch up to him.

It’s not so much that we run out of time, but that time runs
out on us, runs out of patience with us. We need to get on
with it, or time will turn the corner and disappear forever.
                                                                                                                                                                              rrw o5-1o-12

No comments:

Post a Comment