Monday, May 7, 2012

Tuesday
May 08, 2012
So, another day and another poem. Got into a discussion with another poet online about peace both inwardly as a well as... WORLDLY. Yes, I strive for that sense of peace like everyone else but I can't help but think that "world peace" is something to strive  for even though it probably can't be accomplished. However, peace in the individual can be.The problem is that even that sort of calm often makes us lethargic. I'm not sure that total peace (spiritually or worldly) can be achieved in life... perhaps true peace of mind and soul only exists in death.


Absolutism

If there were such a thing as absolute silence,
I would chase it down, clutch it to my chest
and wait for it to end the beating of my heart.

If absolute darkness could be harnessed,
I’d break that wild, unruly beast, and
drown the world within its total blackness.

Walls. I need more walls built of steel
and stone, blood and flesh. Walls to curb
the rabid dog of pointless thought

that rages through my broken mind.
I need less dreaming and more emptiness.
I need the world to go away for now.

If there were such a thing as absolute nothingness,
I’d gladly open up my door, invite it in and let it
stay... forever. Let it rest inside of me... forever.
                                                                                                          rrw 05-07-12

No comments:

Post a Comment