Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday 
May 19, 2012
I'm starting to get more hits on the new website. That's good. But a lot of them are not favorable.. But that's the way it is sometimes. Anyway, I've read a lot of "Faith" based poetry. And a lot of it is just not very interesting. So, I'm trying with this poem to write about Faith. It's hard to write about.












































A Matter of Faith

There’s a fire burning somewhere.
I can smell it. I can see crows
frantically winging through the dark,
chased it seems by an orange glow.

Sirens, many sirens. Must be
at least four or five fire trucks
on their way. Maybe a police car,
an ambulance too, perhaps. The noise
louder, desperate. 

And then the yelling starts. Young
voices, old voices, screaming,
calling the sirens toward them.

I hope it’s not my friend’s house.
It’s old and looks like burning
might be the best thing for it but still,
I hope it’s not my friend’s house.

I have faith in the fire department,
faith in the people now visible in
the road wearing pajamas and
housecoats, waving their hands
above their heads so the fire trucks
can see them. I have faith that God
would never hurt my friend and
his family of four.

I’ll go back inside my own house
now, rest assured that God and
the fire department can handle
this better than me.
                                           rrw o5-19-12


No comments:

Post a Comment