Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday
May 10, 2012
The days get away from me running ahead of me like that big brother that was always in such hurry, stretching out his enormous legs out in front of his long, muscular body. And no amount of pleading, "Hey, Dennis, wait up!" could stop him from disappearing around the corner before I could reach him.


Direction
 I'm falling...
                  down...
                             or is it up?
Direction matters little.

People...
              things...
                           time...
                                     all passing by...
 a breathless pace.

I grasp at shadows but they
can’t slow me down.

Before me...
                   solid ground...
                                           will it bend me, break me
when I hit?
                          
Tiny bits of flesh...
                               blood...
                                           cartilage...
scattered on the cold concrete below...
                                                                  or is it up?

The past...
               evaporating...
                                      replaced...
by a fine mist of sweat,
of  worry for the future of my skin
                                                        and bones...
                                                                            and yet...
                                                                                           I don’t regret...
A single moment of life.
I shouldn't think so hard
(they say) on what might be.
Instead, enjoy the breeze (they say)
climbing steadily up your legs.

my legs...
                my arms...
                                 my whole body...
screams gravity.   
                                                   
                                    rrw 7-1o-1o 
                                   (rewrites) o5-1o-12 




No comments:

Post a Comment